The IPT Practitioner training is for people specialised in (pelvic) health care, like doctors, obstetricians/midwives, bodyworkers, counsellors, birth assistants (Doula’s), massage therapists and other professionals interested in this field.
After completion, this training will enable you to set up your own practice or use the skills in your current field of expertise.
We have several requirements for the students wishing to apply for our course to become an Integral Pelvic Therapist:
- You have basic medical and psycho-social knowledge. If this is not the case, you are willing to educate yourself in this area within two years of completing the training
- You have an affinity with women’s work
- You identify as female
- You have an HBO working and thinking level
- You received an IPT treatment from one of the current IPT practitioners *
- You had an interview by Daphne or Mariëtte about your personality and skills **
* We ask the practitioner to tell us something about you as a person. We will not inquire about the treatment or your process but wish to find out if your personality is compatible with our training. If you live abroad and undergoing treatment yourself is difficult to arrange, please let us know.
** We must feel that this work suits you as a person. Everyone can learn a technique. However, not everyone is capable of performing this delicate but beautiful work.